Black Lives MatterJune 11, 2020
Registration is Open for the IATBP’s Inaugural Virtual Conference 2020: Voices in Trans Bodybuilding & PowerliftingAugust 29, 2020
Below we have a linked several Black-run LGBTQ+ organizations, as well as several funds and petitions created specifically for Black folks of Trans experience, that we hope you will learn from, donate to, and support however you can.
- Black Lives Matter
- Finimpact: How to Support Black-Owned Small Businesses
- SNaPCo – Builds power of Black Trans and queer people to force systemic divestment from the prison industrial complex and invest in community support
- Black AIDS Institute – Working to end the Black HIV epidemic through policy, advocacy, and high-quality direct HIV services
- Trans Cultural District – The world’s first ever legally recognized Trans district, which aims to stabilize and economically empower the Trans community
- LGBTQ+ Freedom Fund – Posts bail for LGBTQ people held in jail or immigrant detention and raises awareness of the epidemic of LGBTQ overincarceration
- House of GG – Creating safe and Transformative spaces for community to heal, and nurturing them into tomorrow’s leaders, focusing on Trans women of color in the south.
- Trans Justice Funding Project – Community-led funding initiative to support grassroots Trans justice groups run by and for Trans people
- The Okra Project – Collective that seeks to address the global crisis faced by Black Trans people by bringing home-cooked meals and resources to the community
- Youth Breakout – Works to end the criminalization of LGBTQ youth in New Orleans to build a safer and more just community
- Black Visions Collective – A Black, Trans, and queer-led social justice organization and legal fund based in Minneapolis
- Black Trans Travel Fund – Ensures safely of transportation for Black Trans women for distances near and far
- Marsha P. Johnson Institute – Protects and defends the human rights of Black transgender people through organizing, advocating, creating community, developing leadership, and promoting collective power.
- Nina Pop Mental Health Recovery Fund – an emergency mutual aid fund that raises money to pay for one-time mental health therapy sessions with licensed Black women therapists. Those who are willing and interested may donate funds AND/OR may donate one therapy session with their Black woman therapist to be used by Black Trans women, Black transfeminine people, and/or Black folks who identify as transgender* who have been participating in the protests against state-sanctioned violence and/or are coping with the emotional stress of the public murders of Nina Pop, Tony McDade, and the epidemic of Trans people being murdered worldwide.
- Tony McDade Mental Health Recovery Fund – an emergency mutual aid fund that raises money to pay for one-time mental health therapy sessions with licensed Black male therapists. Those who are willing and interested may donate funds AND/OR may donate one therapy session with their Black male therapist to be used by Black Trans men, Black transmasculine people, and/or Black folks who identify as Trans* who have been participating in the protests against state-sanctioned violence or are coping with the emotional stress of dealing with the murder of Nina Pop, Tony McDade, and the epidemic of Trans people being murdered worldwide.
- Black Trans Protestors Emergency Fund – Raising funds to support Black Trans protestors with resources, medical care and bail. All funds not needed will be redistributed to Black Trans-led orgs doing the work to minimize violence against Black Trans folks. Donate via Cashapp or PayPal:
- $btfacollective (Cashapp)
- Justice for Nina Pop petition
- Justice for Tony McDade petition
Black Lives Matter, Black Trans Lives Matter, Black Lives Will Always Matter. This is by no means the end – no justice = no peace.